Full Stack Engineer
What you'll do
In addition you will ensure all product components are built to an appropriate level of quality for the stage (alpha/beta/production), deliver products using the appropriate agile project management methodology, learning & iterating frequently, and work with the Product Manager to define the roadmap for any given product and translate this into user stories
Here’s what a day as a Full Stack Engineer looks like:
- Work with team members to design and implement features and services for the product you own
- Commit to high-speed iterations, high code quality, and continuous improvement via agile processes
- Provide production support, system diagnosis and troubleshooting
- Support and be a critical part our dev-ops culture
Some technologies we use
Angular, Redux, Node.js, TypeScript, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Docker, Kubernetes, Memcached, Redis, Kafka, AWS
- You get the right stuff done.
- You’re a fire-starter who can clearly demonstrate your ability to be proactive without direct supervision.
- You like working in an agile development environment and get stuff done together with your team.
- You’re flexible and adaptable, to changing situations and responsibilities.
You are proficient in backend and frontend development, and you have experience developing large and complex web applications and building high throughput systems with microservices and/or event-driven architectures and both relational and non-relational databases.
Want to know more?
Here's what our hiring process looks like
Q: Are you open to remote work?
A: Yes, we are very flexible with remote work. We have people commuting in a few times a week from outside London as well as people flying in a week each month from abroad. To facilitate cooperation we are limiting our team’s timezones to UTC (London time) to UTC+2 (Eastern European time).
Q: Which team is this position open for?
A: Currently we are hiring for all the product teams. Our hiring process aims to get a clear picture of your strengths and weaknesses, so once you’re onboard you will join the team that fits your skills the most.
Q: What does the interviewing process look like?
A: Our process starts with a code test assignment to do on your own, then you’ll have a video call with our engineers to discuss your implementation, and eventually you will be invited for an on-site interview.
Q: I don’t know Node.js/Angular/[specific technology], should I apply anyway?
A: We believe a good engineer can pick up any new technology in a reasonable amount of time, therefore you can use any language you’re familiar with for completing the codetest. As soon as you join you will have an on-boarding plan tailored to you, challenging and bringing you up to speed.
SuperAwesome powers the kids’ digital media ecosystem.
SuperAwesome’s technology is used by hundreds of brands and content-owners to safely engage with over half a billion kids every month. The company has pioneered the ‘kidtech’ sector: technology which delivers digital functionality with a zero-data design to ensure total safety for children.